[Gllug] Home desktop PC rebuild with Linux?

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Fri Nov 25 07:54:56 UTC 2005

This sounds like a promising new thread !  hehe
How about some some tales of near disaster and mayhem ?

I can offer (off to the top of my head, not very disastrous):

Many years ago, our new 16-bit mini was equipped with a nice programmers
front-panel - lots of lovely flashing lights.  (Mercifully before it was
'live') my boss demonstrated to a customer how he could cause the machine to
reboot by shuffling his feet hard on the carpet and touching the front panel
with his finger   - amazing stuff static!

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk