[Gllug] portability of adsl connect info

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Nov 3 09:42:53 UTC 2005

Hi,

I will be playing with a broadband modem that someone has brought back from
their sea side cottage (nice for some). I need to do a small amount of reconfiguration
(changing the DHCP allocated range since it caused problems [clashed] with a VPN
that they wanted to get into).

After doing this I would like to test it. I stronly suspect that plugging the modem
into another ADSL enabled phone socket would not work since the username/password
are, somehow, linked to the physical phone # (which is miles away near the seaside).
Can someone please confirm/deny this.

Cheers

--
Alain Williams