[Gllug] suse 9.3 upgrade to suse 10

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Tue Oct 25 05:47:59 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 23:58 +0100, Jeff Young wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using suse 9.3 at the moment. If I downloaded
> suse 10, can I install over suse 9.3 without losing
> any data?

You should be able to, yes.

I've never done so with SuSE, but have done Redhat upgrades like that.

However, I would when making major upgrades like that between versions
to do a reinstall.
(ie. I would class this as a bigger job than a SuSE 9.2 to 9.3 upgrade).
Why? Really to get rid of any cruft which accumulates.
Back up your system before any upgrade or reinstall anyway.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk