[Gllug] [OT] Recording a WMV stream

Russell Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Sun Oct 23 23:42:17 UTC 2005

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 10:10:04PM +0100, Andy McGarty wrote:
> I'm guessing you are just getting a green square where teh video should be?
>
> With windows go to the screen properties and turn off all hardware
> acceleration (its normally a slider).

You can also pause the video, reposition the window such that the
whole of the video playing area is offscreen, then drag the window
back onto the screen and take a screenshot. Alt+Print Screen (I
think) takes a screenshot of just the current window in Windows.

That works in Media Player 6.4 on all machines I've tried it on,
anyway...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk