[Gllug] Spam

Ian Lewis ian.lewis at dlf.org.uk
Fri Oct 14 09:54:17 UTC 2005

> I've just recveived my first spam in this email address.
> However, this
> email address has *NOT* been used in a public posting area
> and I've been
> extremely careful as to whom it has been given.
>
> Just a quickie.  Has anyone else received any spam from a
> "shadak shari"
> supposedly "shadak100 at hotmail.com", "sharshadak at netscape.net" or
> "shadakshari2 at zwallet.com"?

Delete it and move on. It really isn't worth wasting time on working out who
this individual is. You are also using a Wanadoo email address so will be
subject to their own internal IT security successes and failures.

To be of any interest at all though you should post the email headers which
will give some, possibly, useful info. From this you might be able to see
which IP address originated the email then email abuse@ for them to deal
with.

Just delete it and don't be surprised if you receive more emails like it from
other email addresses.

Cheers,

Ian
--
Ever tried, ever failed. No matter. Try again, fail again. Fail better
 - Samuel Beckett

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk