[Gllug] [OT] Phone Scam?

Russell Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Sat Oct 29 23:32:07 UTC 2005

On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 04:00:12PM +0100, Paul Cupis wrote:
> The rules specify the that the end-user of the telephone number cannot
> receive any revenue from it. That does not meean the customer of the
> telco cannot - for example PatientLine receive revenue on their 070
> numbers, but that cannot pass money onto the actual patients receiving
> the calls.
>
> We may have slightly different definitions of "owner", btw.
>
> One can also imagine how a reseller or service provider can receive
> revenue from a telco for 070 numers as long as they do not pass revenue
> on to their end-users.

Also, I think it's supposed to be fairly easy to set yourself up as a
telco these days, so you would presumably be able to get fairly decent
termination fees for the calls that way... if the 'end-user' is another
company owned by the same individual, presumably that would skirt the
rules well enough?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk