[Gllug] [OT] Phone Scam?

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Sun Oct 30 09:51:25 UTC 2005

If you ask me, I reckon the whole business of premium and higher-rate numbers
is a complete disgrace.

I understand that in abt 2 years time the Telcos will no longer be able to
'rebate' 0870 calls back to the recipient. Hopefully the cost will then come
down for these numbers   -  I am pretty pissed off with having to phone
companies who only publish 0870 numbers - and having to pay approaching 10p
a min to then listen to music-on-hold peperrped with 'we value your custom'
messages (when tyhey clearly do not!).

As for premium rate numbers - I have my doubts that they serve any really useful
social need at all   - call me a dinosaur, but I reckon phones are for talking
to other people on!

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk