[Gllug] Downgrading Kernel

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Sep 18 12:51:44 UTC 2005

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005, Steve Nelson murmured woefully:
> Not sure how to proceed - it could be it actually wants an 'older'
> genkysms.  However, now I think about it, am I going to need to
> migrate back to devfs as well, for a 2.2 kernel to play nicely?

You will certainly need to migrate off (e.g.) udev, LVM, et al.
(I think 2.2.x may be pre-devfs-merge, as well.)

You may find that glibc refuses to work with such an old kernel; you
might need to rebuild it without an --enable-kernel argument.  (I'm not
sure how CentOS/RHAS build their glibcs; do they use --enable-kernel?
Take a look at the specs files?)

--
`One cannot, after all, be expected to read every single word
 of a book whose author one wishes to insult.' --- Richard Dawkins
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk