[Gllug] CD Rom oddness

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 2 15:55:48 UTC 2006

All this stuff about cdrecord prompts me to ask this.

I have a daily backup script which suddenly stopped working about a week
ago and I've just been bothered today to see why.

having done cdrecord -scanbus originally I saw that the usb plug in cdr
drive was on scsi bus 2. Now it's migrated to scsi bus 4.

The only thing I can think of is that I plugged it in and out a few
times when I was messing about with the printer so the usb connection
number would have changed.

Is that it? It's not important, just a puzzle :)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk