[Gllug] cdrom writing

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sun Apr 2 18:27:04 UTC 2006

On Sunday 02 April 2006 18:53, Peter Childs wrote:
<snip>
> cdrecord dev=ATA: -scanbus
Actually that works perfectly fine for me. it seems a little odd that it
doesn't for you. Admittedly I am running these commands on an FC4 box,
but my only debian box doesn't have any CD drives at all.

okay, you know that your CD writer is /dev/hdc
try
cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc -checkdrive

does this work?

if so, then you should be able to edit /etc/cdrecord/cdrecord
and put in
CDR_DEVICE=/dev/hdc

or if you have an appropriate symlink, you could use
CDR_DEVICE=/dev/cdrom
instead

incidentally the location of
/usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.ATAPI.setup
was part of the output of your cdrecord -scanbus command, not some
arcane secret that only debian magicians know about ( I am certainly
not one of those) - it was even quoted back to you.

Regards

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCA, RHCX