[Gllug] OT: unix on windows

chanka perera chanka.perera at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 16:03:36 UTC 2006

hi,

On 4/14/06, Ben Fitzgerald <ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just started a new job where the corporate PC runs windows only (plus
> this is my first experience with lotus notes but let's not go there!).

Most of large organizations requires to run windows as has SMS,
cooperate Anti-virus systems running, but we are using Vmware to run
all the QA requirements where we have to do different OS on different
Languages. I'm sure that you can have a nice Linux system on top of
VMware but true enough that license cost almost 200$ when i checked
last time.

other method is Xnest,Xmanager or Humminbird connectivity, Xshell
where you can have headless Linux/*NIX box and probe X session on to
your windows box.

- Chanka Perera
http://www.linux.lk/~chanka
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk