[Gllug] PC

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 20:27:04 UTC 2006

On 21/04/06, Donald W Williams <don at rose963.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Andy - proof therein, it seems. My words addressed wrongly seems the
> best explanation! So: me, 72, very much Linux newbie, working life in
> print, keen to join in the battle to promote the effective use of
> English in explaining/promoting Linux so mainly in search of someone
> local to me for chats over a pint as well as e-mailing to improve my
> education. A tad disabled with dodgy ears and pins. Have HP kit with
> 'kin big HD and suse 10 reaching some sanity.
>         Sorry, gone on a bit again .. have I helped? Cheers, Don

Hello Don,

Don't take the lack of response to mean anything else than no-one
lives in the same area as yourself.

My advice would be either...

a) Call a Gllug-Social meeting in the most convenient location to
yourself, but make it in zone 1 so people can get there from work. You
should join the gllug-social list for this...

http://gllug.ukfsn.org/index.php?/archives/3-Online-Discussions.html

You call it I'll show up :) and no doubt others would too

b) Join in the weird and slightly seedy world of IRC and come and talk
to us on the GLLUG channel. There are friendly people there wanting to
talk all times of day and we'd like someone new to chat to :)

http://gllug.ukfsn.org/index.php?/archives/8-IRC-help-page.html

In fact... do both :)
--
~sm