[Gllug] I can't work out if this guy is a genius troll or just a complete fool

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Thu Apr 27 11:47:43 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 11:16 +0100, Geo. wrote:

> 	A fairly typical scenario:- Viet Nam war zone I amongst others are hunting
> for intell in vietnamese long house. I pick up a chair that is foldable and
> made from one piece of wood. ... He grabbed
> the chair and smashed it saying and I quote" that because they are too f'ing
> stupid to have invented nails "

The Aussies (i.e. British, more or less or a generation or two removed)
and the Americans (i.e. British overwhelmingly but otherwise ditto)
genocided the natives in a systematic manner, whilst the native British
sort of stayed at home and apart from the ruling classes didn't really
know much about it. In addition, the US state was based upon a slave
economy for a number of generations, this being the underpinning mode of
production for the independence from the Crown, and now the inheritors
of that tradition have become the dominant political and commercial
force once more after an interlude.

Canadians, by and large didn't genocide, tho as one native leader put it
to me in '81 (I was involved in the issue of the repatriation of the
constitution to Canada in that time, being an expat Canuck involved in
British politics at the time, and the indians were after some guarantees
about the treaties made with the British Crown - NOT the Canadian
Govt...) "The British screwed us, but at least they were generally
polite about it."

The Americans seem to have internalised their extermination of the
natives and it reflects in the general behaviour of their armed forces -
and that seems to be getting progressively worse. (My old man and others
were in the Canadian army in '42-45 over here and had a very jaundiced
view about the overall conduct of US troops, having operated next to
some units).

It also reflects in all sorts of odd ways in their culture - essentially
underneath most Americans is a degree of terror.

Australians, despite a similarity in outcome for the blackfella, seem to
be somewhat more schizophrenic and generally lack the general nasty
tendency of American society.

What is worrying is that trolls like this chap (if he is indeed a troll)
will be read and will be taken seriously by many Yanks. I've had some
really really bizarre conversations and email series with people over
there, which in Europe would be grounds for committal under a mental
health section, but there are within the parameters of normal and
acceptable bell curve views...
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk