[Gllug] Monolith - muddying the waters of the digital copyright debate

Andrew Roberts ar at nooneishere.co.uk
Wed Aug 30 21:08:18 UTC 2006

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> So could I digitize & munge my entire music collection with the text of
> the Bible, and then publish the munged files online[1]. Or is there some
> flaw in this reasoning which means I'll be sued out of existance ?

It would seem that the basis file is essentially a one-time pad, albeit
not particularly random. In which case, the mono file is actually an
encrypted copy of the original file.

So this method probably wouldn't save you when the authorities ask for
your encryption keys and clearly find copyrighted material in easily
recognisable formats.

Andrew.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk