[Gllug] Creating SWF content on Linux

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 09:59:47 UTC 2006

On 8/24/06, Daniel P. Berrange <dan at berrange.com> wrote:

> Point me to the same end-to-end open source coverage for Flash.

Irrelevant. The existence of free software has no effect on whether or
not a format is proprietary. True, it may make one format more
practical to use that another, but that's all. Since the OP was asking
for free software tools to create SWF, claiming the format is at fault
is surely the wrong approach. Since the specs for SWF have long been
available (indeed, I have a copy of an old version sitting on my hard
drive at home, IIRC), it seems reasonable to ask about free tools to
work with that format...

Tet (who would avoid both Java and SWF from preference)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk