[Gllug] [OT] Appreciation

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Tue Dec 19 20:54:45 UTC 2006

Nix wrote:
>> PS. Reposted from gmail, because UKFSN bounced the original due to a
>> SORBS entry (which is incorrect, too). Sigh. I do wish people wouldn't
>> do that with their mail servers...
>>

> Why does anyone give SORBS the time of day? They're about as accurate as
> SPEWS...

Any use of third-party "blacklists" as an absolute guide to what you can
reject is, charitably, really stupid.  Use them to _hint_ sure, but
outright rejection is lunacy.

Who else recalls the time a popular-at-the-time blacklist shutdown
without warning and blacklisted _the entire IPv4 space_?  That was a
good day for dumb mail admins everywhere :)

--

Martin A. Brooks | http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
   Consultant    | e: martin at antibodymx.net   | filtering. Inoculate

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk