[Gllug] [OT] Appreciation

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Dec 17 01:07:48 UTC 2006

On 16 Dec 2006, Alex Smith told this:
> End of the day a distro is a distro. What people prefer is upto them,
> not you, their mother, dog or sister.

That depends if their mother or sister are using the same machine as
they are. (If your dog is using the same machine, you've fallen into
the universe of _Snow Crash_, and you should try to get out. Fast.)

> Why can't people just accept this fact and understand that there is in
> all honesty no such this as "The Best" linux distro?

SLS r00lz!111!

(`My system is really stable: I last upgraded it in 1993 and then turned
it off. It's never broken down, had any security problems, or indeed
any bugs at all since then.')

--
`He accused the FSF of being "something of a hypocrit", which
 shows that he neither understands hypocrisy nor can spell.'