[Gllug] OT - OSM Hosting

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Thu Feb 9 17:04:24 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Slightly OT but I'm hoping people here can help.

As many of you know, I started something called OpenStreetMap[*]. Some
of you are on the OSM list so apologies for seeing this :-) Think
wikipedia for maps anyway.

We're in need of hosting because I'm not at UCL any more and the
machines are not very good and, er, 'borrowed'. We need hosting,
bandwidth and machines. We're currently run off 5 desktop boxes but
forsee that rack machines will be a Good Thing. We're also starting a
foundation, or something, to support the project.

So... given that people here work in all sorts of interesting places, if
you can offer one or more of these (hosting, bandwidth or rackmount
machines say you work at Sun and can donate boxes :-) then that'd be
really useful.

On the other hand if you know anyone who can offer hosting for desktop
boxes then some of our problems go away.

Thanks in advance, any questions lemme know or see this thread:
http://bat.vr.ucl.ac.uk/pipermail/openstreetmap/2006-February/002288.html

[*] http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/Stats
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/news/

have fun,