[Gllug] ping

Dani Pardo dani at enplater.com
Wed Feb 8 14:45:06 UTC 2006

En/na Ryan Cartwright ha escrit:
> Martyn Drake wrote:
> <snip>
>  > I've *never* liked  MessageLabs.  I had to
>
>> use various RBL checkers to find out whether  the SMTP server was
>> blacklisted and it was ONLY listed in SpamCop.
>>

> I was once considering using MessageLabs when I got a phone call from
> them.

  RBL lists are a good idea, but the thing has get so bad that I've
stoped using it.
   Some of them consider spam all mail comming from the whole ADSL IP
addresses, so I was forced (not much time ago) to use my ISP as the
relay of all outgoing mail, because one of our customers were using one
of those RBL that told them not to accept our mail.
   BTW, bounced mail (unknown user xxx) remembers me a hell we had few
years ago.. when we were still using a Solaris machine and fetching mail
via dialup UUCP. The machine was in an endless transaction of receiving
bounced mail error messages (someone was sending spam using our adress,
so we were receiving all bounces). The phone bill was considerable, and
the relay bill was really impressive. We didn't pay the bill, and we
switched to another ISP. That ISP doens't even exist right now, they ran
out of cash :)

Dani Pardo, dani at enplater.com
Enplater S.A
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk