[Gllug] Emacs macro to do a replace-regexp

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Sun Feb 19 10:33:59 UTC 2006

Nix wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Feb 2006, Chris Bell suggested tentatively:
>>    A well-used and slightly grubby bench top (slightly conducting), or a
>> commercial anti-static surface, is probably better than either metal (very
>> low resistance) or new plastic (insulating).
>
> Pretty much all of mine are wood: I think that's insulatory, right?

But insulators are precisely the sorts of things that do build up static
charge. You need conductors to carry away and earth the buildup of
electrons that causes the static. The anti-static wrist strap is a
conductor connected to earth.

Balloons are insulators but they obviously shouldn't be put anywhere
near your PC innards. Especially the dog shaped ones that you've just
rubbed on your hair ;-)

Stephen

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk