[Gllug] Recommendations for a CRM system

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Tue Jan 24 17:25:27 UTC 2006

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Simon Morris wrote:

> I'm looking around at Customer Relationship Management applications
> and I wondered if anyone on list has any recommendations.

[snip]

> Also I'm looking at web based solutions that have a free software licence...
>
> Any recommendations appreciated

How many users of the system ?

If you've got more than 5 users then Sugar CRM might suit you
(http://sugarforge.org/) - it's big a complicataed but very powerful if
you need that sort of thing.

If you have just one user, i.e. you, then I'd say your best bet is a
spreadsheet of contacts and a paper diary with actions in it. See Getting
Things Done for more info on this: http://www.davidco.com/what_is_gtd.php
and the book from http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0749922648

If you've got 2-5 users, there doesn't seem tobe much out there.

Simon.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk