[Gllug] 'net access from hotels in the USA

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Jan 24 12:06:38 UTC 2006

On Monday, 23 Jan 2006, John Winters wrote:
>My wife's sister is proposing to cycle across the USA from coast to
>coast (again!) next summer.  The last time she did it she took a laptop
>with her and e-mailed her dispatches with the aid of a modem and hotel
>telephone lines.
>She's been assured by a colleague that this won't be necessary this time
>because "all American hotels have wireless LAN access".

The very mention of the word "Cornwall" reminds me what a pain heavy
stuff is on a long bicycle tour, but I really cannot imagine that, if
you're bringing a laptop, a PCMCIA modem and cable represents a
significant additional burden.

That said, wireless certainly is extremely common in US hotels.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Distortion Field!
Today is Gloucesterday, January.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk