[Gllug] Lonix - London Linux User Group (Lonix July Meeting)

Gary Pownall gpownall at lonix.org.uk
Wed Jul 12 01:26:43 UTC 2006

Hi ,

Here are the details of the next meeting for Lonix,

Date:  Thursday 13 Jul 2006
Time:  6pm
Place: The Cittie Of York
Map: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=531051&y=181641&z=0&ar=Y
Nearest Tube:  Chancery Lane
Phone:

The Cittie Of York is right in heart of the 'legal District' of our fair Capital City.  Once again we are returning to a 'Sam smith's pub, so you know the quality and selection of beers are going to be good.

The pub has an unspoilt atmosphere, having not been victim to the scourge of 'refurbishment, which seems to pervade and destroy the atmosphere and culture of so many British Pubs of yesteryear.

The Cittie Of York is also cavernous, with large swooping Arches of some ancient, architectural style I forget the name of.  Also there is NO MUSIC, so conversations can be enjoyed at normal volume.

Apart from Samuel smith's beers the COY also hosts an impressive selection of guest beers and their wine selection has to be seen to be believed.

After doing some checking, I've come to the conclusion that the eateries around Chancery Lane can be rather expensive, so I propose that we eat in-house.  The food is good, reasonably priced and the portions, generous.

Gary Pownall

This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to the Lonix
meetings notification e-mail list. If you have any questions concerning
this please contact support at lonix.org.uk

Your Lonix Account Details are:
Login via : http://www.lonix.org.uk
Username: gllug at linux.co.uk