[Gllug] Lonix - London Linux User Group (LONIX at GREENWICH (special Au

Gary Pownall gpownall at lonix.org.uk
Wed Jul 12 00:55:52 UTC 2006

Hi ,

Here are the details of the next meeting for Lonix,

Date:  Saturday 12 Aug 2006
Time:  12 noon
Place: The Gate Clock
Map: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=538127&y=177732&z=0&ar=Y
Nearest Tube:  Cutty Sark DLR
Phone: 07763336829

SATURDAY 12TH AUGUST!!  SATURDAY 12TH AUGUST!! SATURDAY 12TH AUGUST!!

This is a special Lonix Day Out whereby we meet in historic Greenwich, home of Greenwich Mean Time, the system by which the rest of the world set their clocks by.

The idea is to meet at the gate clock, which is a JD Wetherspoons pub located just outside the cutty sark Dlr station (out of the entrance bear right, and the pub is right in front of you.)

Times are: 12noon -2pm Drink and have lunch/breakfast at the pub.  At 2pm we will head off for Greenwich park (a short walk way) where we will make our way to the Royal Observatory and immerse ourselves in the history of time (Dr Who fans take note)

It might also be a laugh if the group straddle the meridian line and each have a foot in the Eastern and Western hemispheres.  (Photographers amongst you take note)

If there's time we can pop into the Maritime Museum, also located in the park, and learn about Greenwich's proud maritime history.  I dare say after all this exercise we will be hungry, so how about a chinese buffet, all you can eat for around £8.00 ahead excl drinks.

then... we can either return to The Gate clock, or find ourselves another hostelry where we can compromise our liver's and brain cells even more, with the imbibement of more alcoholic beverages.

And then.... home to bed *snore*

GETTING THERE:

DLR Cutty Sark

Tube Jubilee Line to Canary wharf then DLR to Cutty Sartk via Lewisham

Train from Charing Cross, Waterloo East or London Bridge via 'Gillingham' or 'Dartford via Woolwich.' get off at Greenwich then hop on the DLR (one Stop) to Cutty Sark via 'Bank' or 'Stratford.'

Gary Pownall

This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to the Lonix
meetings notification e-mail list. If you have any questions concerning
this please contact support at lonix.org.uk

Your Lonix Account Details are:
Login via : http://www.lonix.org.uk
Username: gllug at linux.co.uk