[Gllug] [OT] mail marketing suite

Craig Millar gllug at craigmillar.org
Mon Jul 3 11:36:24 UTC 2006

Can anyone recommend a (preferably open source) tool for sending out
marketing[1] mails? We have a subscriber base of several thousand and need to
send out a monthly html email to them. So it needs to handle some basic
subscriber information, and have the ability for them to unsubscribe by
clicking a link or replying with unsub in the message etc etc.

Perhaps most importantly it needs to be user friendly - cos the IT department
wants as little to do with it as possible. Which effectively means WYSIWYG
editing, else we get dragged into the construction of their pretty little
html newsletters, which bores us greatly!

Thanks
Craig

[1] It's not spam, honest! Strangely enough some people seem to hanker after
the drivel that our marketing man sends them.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk