[Gllug] Abnormal PSUs

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 1 21:22:28 UTC 2006

On Wed 01 Mar, Matthew King wrote:

> Not strictly Linux-based, but I'll be running Linux on the box so there
> is *some* relevance - I need to replace a faulty PSU which is not the
> size of a standard ATX supply. Its dimensions are 126x63mm (from memory
> - could be slightly off).
>
> It turns out that while there are a million and one configurations and
> styles of power supply available from each vendor I know of, they are
> all the same thing, so does anybody know where I could buy a power
> supply which will fit in this case?
>
> Cheers,

> Matthew
>
> --

   You do not mention the current and power ratings. I have two unused
"Enermax" mini ATX PSU's here, approx 126 x 100 x 63 mm, mains in at one
(small) end, output cables at the other, fan on one of the largest faces is
about 6mm proud including fan guard.  Ratings are:
+3.3V 6A
+5V   12A
+12V  5A
-12V  0.3A
+5Vsb 1.2A standby power

3 x HDD connector
1 x FDD connector
1 x ATX connector
Model ED150S-V  which probably means that it is rated at about 150 watts

   If this is not suitable, there are at least a couple of distributors near
here.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk