[Gllug] OT: HP Officejet 5610

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue May 2 22:39:25 UTC 2006

On Mon, 1 May 2006, Richard Jones yowled:
> The machine itself is cheaply made, and the supplies are ruinously
> expensive.  The printer died after about a year and a half of light
> use.

In my experience this is true of all inkjets regardless of make.

Get a laser. (Mine, a Samsung ML-2250, cost under a hundred quid and
is driven happily by CUPS and the pxlmono driver. Doesn't do duplex
though.)

--
`On a scale of 1-10, X's "brokenness rating" is 1.1, but that's only
 because bringing Windows into the picture rescaled "brokenness" by
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk