[Gllug] Linux distro for small memory system

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Nov 1 22:36:20 UTC 2006

On 31 Oct 2006, Richard Jones spake thusly:

> On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 01:57:36PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> [...] and
>> the funky tricks they do to switch between colour & high resolution
>> & high contrast greyscale, in hardware no less, are wild.
>
> Sounds like the 'mode' command on home micros all over again ...

Bah. The C64 and Amiga had *many* more bizarre graphics modes than the
OLPC's display does. (The display is much cooler, though. A display
that only consumes power when changing state, lovely...)

--
`When we are born we have plenty of Hydrogen but as we age our
 Hydrogen pool becomes depleted.'