[Gllug] C/C++ mentor

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Nov 22 00:08:25 UTC 2006

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 08:51:01PM +0000, TreeBoy wrote:
> I'm afraid that this debate reinforces (for me) that you really shouldn't
> bother with GNOME development when no-one can agree which tool to use to
> define your GUI.
[...]
> Then I moved onto Linux and met the various tools and was more than slightly
> discombobulated.

Unlike certain proprietary software stacks which are dictated by one
company, Linux thrives on a kind of Darwinian selection of tools,
libraries and programs.  Generally speaking the best things survive
and others fall by the wayside (remember the XForms toolkit?).

Rich.

PS. Enjoying writing Gtk+ programs in OCaml using lablgtk2 ...

PPS. If you must learn a programming language, please don't let
another brain go to waste by learning C++ ....

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Internet Marketing and AdWords courses - http://merjis.com/courses - NEW!