[Gllug] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Meeting on Sat. 11th November

Simon Morris sm at fsfe.org
Sun Nov 5 19:42:30 UTC 2006

Hello,

On Saturday 11th November we have a GLLUG meeting starting at 1330. The
meeting is at our regular Westminster University Campus location on New
Cavendish Street.

Map to location
http://gllug.org.uk/uploads/wmin-campus.pdf

The events happening at this meeting are:

1330: Installfest and Introduction to Linux afternoon

We have machines available to install distributions of GNU/Linux on. ISO
images of various distros (new and old) and a CD burner will also be on
hand.

If you are having problems installing Linux or you have questions about
specific devices, configurations please come along and talk to more
experienced members of the group. Also - if you have something you want
to show off this is the place to do it :-)

Some members of the group have volunteered to put on demonstrations for
an introduction to Linux day that is being advertised in London
Universities. If you would like to help with this we really need some
more volunteers.

1530: Virtualisation and Xen. Roger Whittaker

Roger works for Novell technical services and will be presenting a talk
on virtualisation and Xen. He will be demonstrating the tools included
with SUSE Linux to manage virtual machines

1630: Backing up Linux using tar, gzip and scp. Tushar Joshi

Tushar runs the London Linux User Group and is responsible for most of
the geek morning after hangovers in London.

He will be presenting a talk on how to backup Linux using tar, gzip and
scp.

1715: Raffle draw.

Thanks to Apress books we will be raffling 2 books at the meeting.
Tickets are £1 each and the first winner drawn can choose from either
"Beginning SUSE Linux" or "Beginning Perl". All proceeds go to the Help
a London Child charity

1730: Drinks at the Green Man pub

The Green Man pub opposite Great Portland Street Station is open again
after refurbishment. GLLUGers will be gathering at this establishment to
consume beverages.

*** VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO MAN THE INTRODUCTION TO LINUX STANDS ***

Thanks

--
Simon Morris
Jabber: sm at jabber.fsfe.org