[Gllug] Exchange equivalents on Linux

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 00:49:59 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm currently in the position of using an Exchange server for mail at
work, but for various reasons the server side stuff on our internal
network will soon become entirely Unix based - it'll be a mix of Debian
and Solaris. Replacing file/print/authentication is easy, but I'm
curious as to people's experiences with things that promise to replace
Exchange. Many of the end users will be on Outlook clients, and we want
to retain calandaring and support for mobile devices (currently
Blackberries, but don't necessarily have to be, as long as something
more or less equivalent is available). I've looked at a few things, but
I'd be interested to hear about anyone's experience doing this kind of
thing. We're willing to consider stuff like the Bynari software if
needed, but a completely free software solution would be preferable.

Thanks,

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk