[Gllug] VACANCY: System Administrator, Old Street, London, Min Salary £30k

Simon Morris sm at fsfe.org
Thu Nov 16 21:13:25 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 20:34 +0000, Alex Crow wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 20:24 +0000, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> > Alex Crow wrote:
> > > In my (almost) 7 years with this company I've gained a huge amount of
> > > practical experience
> >
> > Alas, not in How Not To Top Post class.
>
> Sorry, I'm tired, I was at work until 3.40am last night. I fully
> intended to delete all the quoting but I guess I just forgot before
> hitting "Submit".

0340!!! Screw that - you don't get paid enough for that :P

> I'm feeling rapidly less like coming to a GLLUG meeting at this rate
> (but then, I'm probably not welcome anyway).

Well. That certainly isn't good... especially since I asked that people
refrain from flaming this week *scowl*.

http://lists.gllug.org.uk/pipermail/gllug/2006-November/063804.html

To be fair:

 * You didn't know about the commercial posting policy or didn't follow
it

 * The guys who complained were entitled to...

 * They were fairly tempered in their flaming (believe me.. they are
sometimes much worse)

Can we please close this line of conversation off? It isn't particularly
productive.

For all newcomers to the GLLUG lists or meetings.. Meetings are social
events. I've never seen an argument from the mailing list spill out into
a meeting and actually I've never seen any sort of nastiness in
meetings.

Everyone - regardless of how long you've been on the list, or even if
you've never used GNU/Linux before - is welcome to GLLUG meetings. If
you aren't sure just turn up and see what it is like.

If you are new to the list please read the GLLUG FAQ to avoid mailing
list flametraps.

http://www.hinterlands.org/gllugfaq/

Pay attention to Chapter 3. People that want to correct people on
mailing list behaviour should direct them to the FAQ and not correct
them themselves - it appears much more polite to do it this way.

Martin A. Brooks will accept patches for the FAQ if you have them.

Thanks

~sm

--
Simon Morris