[Gllug] ssh client on a mobile : recomendations

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Oct 11 19:37:37 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 04:21:32PM +0100, Julian Somers wrote:
> What I need is either to lug my laptop with me wherever I go, or get a
> mobile that runs an ssh client. (Or turn bloody Nagios off.)

Laptop + Bluetooth + GPRS?  Works on most laptop/mobile phone
combinations.  It's eye-wateringly expensive and laughably slow and
very laggy for interactive connections like ssh.

I have also used Nokia 770 + Bluetooth + GPRS which has the same
problems (all with GPRS).

Rich.

ObData: My friend who lives in Tokyo has had 256 kbps always-on
unlimited data on his mobile for such a small amount of money he was
for a while using it instead of broadband at home.  He's had it since 2001.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Internet Marketing and AdWords courses - http://merjis.com/courses - NEW!
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk