[Gllug] Netgear DG824g and LaserJet 2600n

Ryan Cartwright ryan at crimperman.org
Mon Oct 2 19:03:18 UTC 2006

Alex Singleton wrote:
> Last week at work I put in a Netgear DG834g broadband modem/router/wireless
> access point:
>
> http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/GWirelessRouters/DG834G.aspx
>
> We also have an HP LaserJet 2600n.
>
> What's odd is that the router cannot see the printer - the router has a
> web-based control panel which only shows the computers connected, not the
> printer. So I've had to keep a wired hub with the printer connected. Does
> anyone have any experience of this problem?
>
> Alex

I use a DG834g (your subject said 824 but I assume this to be a typo)
here and it shows all devices connected - wired or wireless. I use an
inkjet printer with a Netgear single parallel-to-ethernet hub attached.
The print hub and any wireless-ly connected computers show up in the
Attached Devices list.

Possibilities that spring to mind are that the printer has a hard wired
IP address in a different range (or is on a different subnet) to the router.

Is the printer getting its IP via DHCP? IF so is the DG834G supplying
this? If this is not the case it might be worth setting it to be so just
to test if the printer can find the router.

HTH
Ryan
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk