[Gllug] Open-Xchange virtual appliance on Ubuntu

Jason Johns jasonjjohns at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 09:05:07 UTC 2006

Good morning and welcome to Monday!

I'm trying to get Open-Xchange's virtual appliance running on a laptop
running Ubuntu. It starts ok, and i can log in via the shell, but I have no
idea how to get into the web frontend.

I thought entering the IP returned by ifconfig into my browser would do the
trick but... no luck.

Interestingly, the keyboard works differently in the Open-xchange shell.
pressing the '-' button produces the beta symbol. Could this be to do with
the fact that Open-xchange assumes a German keyboard?

Any ideas, thoughts or comments expressing scorn at my ignorance
appreciated.

ta