[Gllug] Thoughts on Scalix

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Sep 27 16:00:05 UTC 2006

Morfidus wrote:
> One of the directors has his hands on a few other companies and says
> that a support company he uses could do it for about a grand (MS SMB
> business server??) to get it up and running. But then I would have to
> keep it going.
>
> I quite like my odds of getting scalix, but I have been on their
> website and I prefer to have the opinion of a real admin.

w.r.t cost - you might want to check the feature list, a few of the more
  desirable features were semi-limited or against not-insignificant
cost, the last time I looked.

personally. I've used scalix - its a nice clean setup, its not trivial
to either setup or maintain, but is much easier than most other systems
of the same nature, including Zimbra and hula.

And Scalix seems to be making the right kind of sounds, w.r.t open
sourcing more of their product - but till they can deliver a fully
usable stack, completely open source. I am not going to recommend it to
anyone.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk