[Gllug] VOT: Family Cars

Julian Somers lists at bigpip.com
Wed Sep 20 16:09:33 UTC 2006

On 12:07 Wed 20 Sep     , Steve Nelson wrote:
> Chaps,
>
> Given the concentration of wise and brilliant people on this list,
> permit me to throw out an utterly off-topic question?
>
> I need to replace my car (Escort).  I have to transport 3 children
> under 5 and, including the driver, 2 adults.  Currently when we have
> to do this, we borrow a relative's MPV which has 3 3-point seatbelts
> in the back.
>
> Restricting choice to large-estate-type cars (for budget and style
> reasons), what experiences/ideas/recommendations do folk have for
> safely and legally transporting three children in the back?  Any
> recommendations on vehicles also welcome.

Some booster seats are ok for kids as small as 18 months, and they are
narrower than most car seats. Plus, when you pick them up, the seat part
flaps down, so that you can lie all three of them flat in the boot
(seats, not kids!) when you need the back seat for bigger people.

Our Graco booster seats were from Argos.

> Thanks all,
>
> S.
> --

Julian Somers