[Gllug] VOT: Family Cars

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Wed Sep 20 20:20:34 UTC 2006

Steve Nelson wrote:

> Restricting choice to large-estate-type cars (for budget and style
> reasons), what experiences/ideas/recommendations do folk have for
> safely and legally transporting three children in the back?  Any
> recommendations on vehicles also welcome.

Vauxhall Zafira.
Wouldn't do without it. It swallows huge amounts of luggage, or can seat
seven. No need to lug heavy seats out, as in the Scenic. Al rear seats
fold up.
Fold the seats up and it can take building rubble to the dump.
Fits (smaller) sheets of plasterboard from B+Q or flatpack wardrobes
from Ikea.

No idea if some of the old-style models are still available from the car
supermarkets - you might be able to get a bargain.

Get a diesel if you do lots of long journeys. For in-town use only I
would think about a petrol, as the diesel takes a few miles to warm up.
I love my diesel - but I do a lot of motorway miles. Suits my driving
style - lots of torque, and cruises along a motorway fine. Good in town too.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk