[Gllug] USB -> serial converters

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 3 21:54:43 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'd like to but a USB to serial converter. I want to be able to connect
 my laptop to various serial kit, mostly Cisco network hardware, and Sun
and Linux machines. I've never bought one of these before, and I've no
idea what the support is like, apart from seeing a list of hardware in
the kernel configuration - but I'm sure there must be at least a few
people on this list that use console cables with some regularity :-).

Does anyone have any recommendations? They don't appear to be that
expensive, but I'd rather avoid having to return ones that don't work
properly.... and I'd also like a cable long enough that I don't have to
actually crawl into the rack to use it....

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk