[Gllug] OT: ADSL problems

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Apr 12 14:06:52 UTC 2007

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, David Bell wrote:

> > Insisting that your ISP get it fixed just wont work if it's a PSTN
> > fault.
>
> It has with my ISP.  It was a (very nice) BT OpenReach engineer that
> they called out, who cleared an exchange fault, swapped a drop lead pair
> from the pole which wasn't up to spec' and a dodgy connection on the
> lead-in to the master socket - ALL organised by my ISP.

If you get very lucky you may find that the Openreach engineer who
responds to the fault raised by your ISP deals with the whole line however
my experience with literally thousands of ADSL customers leaves me knowing
that this is the exception and not the rule.

Usually where the fault is a PSTN fault BT simply will not assign an
engineer in response to an ADSL fault until the PSTN fault is cleared.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk