[Gllug] Network file server (for home use)

amd_uk amd_uk at lineone.net
Sun Dec 2 19:25:51 UTC 2007

The VIA motherboard+CPU in that walmart box used to sell for about the
same price as the whole system now does. clubit.com sell the
motherboard+CPU for about $70 but won't ship internationally (the last
time I checked).

Intel have fairly recently got into the mini-itx game and this has
helped drive prices down.

D201GLY2
http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44140

Unfortunately, I haven't found any retailer that I've heard of before
selling these in the UK.

IIRC, mini-itx can be mounted in standard ATX cases however I haven't
had any first-hand experience
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini-itx

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk