[Gllug] Linux on Desktop

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Feb 1 13:01:07 UTC 2007

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:39:20 +0200 "Jasper Steenkamp"
<jsteenkamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/1/07, Martin A. Brooks <martin at hinterlands.org> wrote:
> > Juergen Schinker wrote:
> > > i switched my desktop to linux without asking in advance
> > >

> > That was dumb.
> >
> > > and now my boss was pissed
> > >

> > Quite rightly so.
> >
> > > so i'm awaiting your ideas ...
> > >

> > Reinstall Windows. Make up the time you've wasted your company.
> >
> > > P.S. i work as a sysadmin (don't ask)
> > >

> > Excuse me while I boggle.
> > --
> >

> Off topic
> The question was "what can i do better with linux (on the Desktop)in
> my working life/day"
> NOT
> "What is your opinion of something that has nothing to do with you"
> Useless posts should go to blogs.

I think Martin's reply is absolutely on-topic. It answers the questions
posed extremely well and succinctly.

> On topic
> http://www.remarc.co.uk/remarcnews/May05/linuxmigration.aspx

This is off-topic. The link points to a generalised discussion about
migration from windows to linux. Juergen's question, however, does not
concern migration. It concerns using an unauthorised linux desktop in a
windows environment. A different topic altogether,

--
 All the best,
 John