[Gllug] [OT] Times Article on ABD was Fighting a virus

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Mon Feb 19 00:38:51 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 00:02 +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:

> There is no simple, easy solution to the congestion problems.  London's
> experiment with Congestion Charging doesn't work (and cannot work).
> Despite Livingstone's bluster to the contrary and the manipulated
> statistics, the London CC zone has failed abysmally in every way, and is
> losing money.  (If is was truly successful, the revenue collected would
> be vanishingly small, so the entire project is self-defeating!)

You just made all the above up.

I'll donate £100 to the charity of your choice if you can find anything
to back up the claim "If is was truly successful, the revenue collected
would be vanishingly small, so the entire project is self-defeating!" -
which actually just shows you don't know what an externality charge is,
rather than tell us anything about what is happening in London. Do you
even live here? Are you aware of how it has functioned?