[Gllug] Vector drawing progams

Cillian de Roiste cillian.deroiste at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 20:33:03 UTC 2007

I've only really used Inkscape for some doodling but it's definitely a
beautifully designed and implemented app.
I've also heard good reports about OpenOffice.org Draw and maybe
that's closer to what you're looking for. I had a quick look and it
seems to have some typical diagram type shapes and since it's part of
OOo you get lots of nice export options. You can export as pdf but
also svg which you should be able to open in Inkscape if you prefer
some aspects of that. I was surprised to see you can also export to
flash (swf) which might be handy since I think only firefox has native
svg support?

Cillian
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk