[Gllug] PNGs

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 15:51:54 UTC 2007

On 2/12/07, Adrian McMenamin <adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info> wrote:

> Should I just not bother trying to filter the photos because they are
> unlikely to have the characteristics that work well with filtering (ie
> slowly changing colours)

Mostly, yes -- don't bother. It depends on the type of photgraphs. A
clear blue sky tends to filter fairly well, where a human face will
fare worse (although even then, a clear photo taken in studio
conditions can benefit from filtering).

I guess the question to ask is "what are you hoping to gain by using a
filter"? Even on a mobile platform, space is unlikely to be at a
sufficient premium that you'll get any significant benefit from doing
so. An exception to this is for computer generated images. But since
you've said you're using photographs, I'd say it's not worthwhile.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk