[Gllug] [OT] Times Article on ABD was Fighting a virus

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Mon Feb 19 09:51:55 UTC 2007

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, Caroline Ford wrote:

> I use buses and since the congestion charge was introduced it no longer
> takes over an hour to get across central London.

Are you sure that is the result of the congestion zone and not the result
of dedicated bus lanes?

Surely dedicated road access is what has really improved performance of
road based public transport.

> Unlike the suffering, protesting rich of Chelsea I cannot afford to
> drive. I cannot even afford driving lessons.

My experience is that if you can afford public transport in London you can
afford to drive. Indeed I could not afford to use London public transport
regularly.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98