[Gllug] scsi host adaptor

Paul Rayner Paul.Rayner at ylemsolutions.com
Wed Jan 31 01:54:54 UTC 2007

On 30 Jan 2007, at 12:38, Alain Williams wrote:
> I have also seen DAT drives that have USB-2 interfaces ... anyone
> know how well/bad
> they perform ? USB-2 is supposed to be 480 Mb/s, the tape drive is
> rated at
> 'sustained burst 3MB/s'.
> If I could reliably use USB it would solve my problem.

I've just got an internal USB2 HP DAT 72 drive. I'll be spitting the
first tape out
of it at the end of the week, then daily after that so I'll be able
to tell you
how long a ~25gig write, then verify takes next week if it's any help.

> (I will be running CentOS 4 [aka Red Hat Enterprise]).

The drive installs fine on FC6 (following the instructions for RHEL4
from HP)
so I presume it would work fine on Centos 4. After installation the
drive
appears as /dev/st0

Regards,

Paul

--
Paul Rayner
Ylem Solutions Ltd ~  4-14 Tabernacle Street, London. EC2A 4LU