[Gllug] ADSL2 router help / recomendation

Simon Perry gllug at si-designs.co.uk
Wed Jan 24 10:13:29 UTC 2007

t.clarke wrote:
> I am using both a Vigor 2600 and 2800 quite happily.
> They are pricier than some of the other offerings, but seem very easy to
> configure.   Support also seems rather better than with the cheapo routers.
> A case of 'get what you pay for' I guess !

I'm happy to pay for a well designed and supported unit that does what I
want. My initial thinking was that it was daft buying a router with a
raft of features if the only thing I was ever going to do with it was
route all traffic through to the IPcop box.

My only reservation with the Vigor is that IIRC one of my clients
experience a problem where the router stops accepting new connections.
I'm going to do some google research on that now. Anyone had a similar
experience?

Simon
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk