[Gllug] NTL + Wireless network problems

Alex Smith asmith at asmhosting.com
Mon Jan 8 21:42:13 UTC 2007

>She has moved to student accommodation in London where they have an NTL
>cable modem + Belkin Access Point and she says the connection is very
>slow (almost unusable) whereas Windows boxes 'just work'.

If other machines work fine it's unlikely to be a config issue anywhere
other than on your daughters machine. If it was affecting the other users as
well then yes I could see it being that. What link speed, link quality and
encryption are in use?

Personally with wireless I'd point to link speed first, then quality...

>Has anyone on the list had success with a similar NTL setup, or is there
>a problem with this ISP?

I'll keep my comments about NTL to myself ;)

Alex