[Gllug] BBC: Battle of the operating systems

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Fri Jan 26 09:18:55 UTC 2007

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Thomi Richards wrote:

> In some ways it seems a shame that we (Linux users) feel the need to
> compete with Microsoft. Surely we're self-sufficient enough that we can
> co-exist? Maybe that's a bit naive of me..

I suspect that most Free Software users couldn't give two hoots about MS
right up to the moment MS acted to attack our communities and try to make
it impossible for us to use anything other than MS software.

The problem here, ie the one that prevents peaceful coexistance, is that
the copyright and patents systems permit MS to attack anything they
perceive as competition and they have a solid history of doing just that.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98